Bad Guy - Robert Ringhoff of PA, (2024)

E

enharmonic

Aug 9, 2011
112
Charlotte, NC
  • Sep 17, 2011
  • #341

Situations like this are sickening. This kind of stuff is why I am genuinely afraid to do business with folks that can't meet me in person. It's safer in person, but I miss out on so many possible deals because some people just can't be honest and do what is right. It would be a nice goal to work towards, being the kind of person that even if you make a mistake, you can just be honest and fix it, instead of ruining your livelihood.

This was not directed at the OP nor the accused. Its just a side thought.

K

khuffman

K huffman
Sep 15, 2011
Eldorado, Ks
  • Sep 18, 2011
  • #342

I never claimed to be a rescue. I claimed to be in a process of opening a rescue. That was our goal. As far as the procedure animal control needs to take to sieze an animal after a complaint is made i am aware of this now and have never known the process before but this was a mistake made by animal control not by me i didnt see $$$$$ in my eyes i just didnt want the snakes to be euthanized. And the gator was caught at the arkansas river by a unanamous person from wichita. We tried to find a zoo to take it then the owner came forward and claimed it. The owner was an outstanding individual and was very excited to see his reptile friend im very glad i got to be responsible for helping get the mans gator back to him.

K

khuffman

K huffman
Sep 15, 2011
Eldorado, Ks
  • Sep 18, 2011
  • #343

K

khuffman

K huffman
Sep 15, 2011
Eldorado, Ks
  • Sep 18, 2011
  • #344

i will say this id be just as upset as jason if in his shoes. Animal control did mess up clearly on there behalf. I will never assist them in any type of sieze but they still give out my name that way if someone calls with a reptile it can come to me and live rather than be put down im proud that i can do that to help out.

K

khuffman

K huffman
Sep 15, 2011
Eldorado, Ks
  • Sep 18, 2011
  • #345

Ya know jason i try to avoid even readin your immature readings you insult someones name like its nothing to you im done writing on this little site where boys can cry like little boys your a punk. You have no respect for the fact that i could have let animal control kill your snakes i could have easily turned my head jason. You dont care about that is what makes you the punk you are. Until Im behind bars or have a criminal offense like you do pending against me then keep your little mouth shut. you wanna run and hide behind the police and these little web sites rather than being a man and coming down to say something stupid to my face. You are the criminal here jason you were the one cited for illegal animals in city limits you were the one that had people report your neglect and abuse towards your snakes to animal control i tried to help those snakes. I did what was asked of me by the authorities. so go try to convice the world that im the bad guy go ahead and try it after you can see me in court and prove it man .

Laura Fopiano

B&L Exotix

Dec 10, 2002
2,728
114
mostly here on fauna
  • Sep 18, 2011
  • #347

khuffman said:

Wow Kyle, seems the only little boy crying here, that I can see is you. If you actually attempted to educate yourself, you would find that some rather important names in the reptile industry actually read here. This site is a wealth of information for buyers and sellers alike.

khuffman said:

No Kyle, you're just irked because you didn't get to keep his animals.

khuffman said:

Actually a smart man would be mindful of the law, not cause a scene that could possibly get him arrested. Bad Guy - Robert Ringhoff of PA, (3)

khuffman said:

Still waiting on the proof there Kyle Bad Guy - Robert Ringhoff of PA, (4)

khuffman said:

Wow, you've already done a pretty bang up job there yourself skippy! Bad Guy - Robert Ringhoff of PA, (5)

S

Show Me

Nov 6, 2010
502
Windsor, Mo.
  • Sep 18, 2011
  • #348

khuffman said:

Jason has lots of snakes and one with a RI doesn't seem like a big deal considering the large number of snakes he owns. He could have been treating it! Or he might have just bought that snake and it was shipped in sick! For all we know the snake could have developed a RI in your care! Snakes not having water? Maybe he was treating them with chemicals for mites or something else that requires the water being taken away for a while. Sorry I call BS on people seeing him carrying dead snakes out of his house. And IF he really did say on craigs list he couldn't afford to feed the snakes anymore...well that doesn't mean he wasn't feeding the snakes maybe he was doing without things for himself and was asking for help. However I'm not sure if he even posted a ad like that.

H

hezekiah

Jul 20, 2009
101
Los Angeles, CA
  • Sep 18, 2011
  • #349

khuffman said:

Do any of "these people" want to come talk about it? Do you have a link to the craigslist post? Without that, you're doing some pretty fierce anonymous 3rd party quoting.

Apr 25, 2011
373
Putnam CT
  • Sep 18, 2011
  • #350

how did u get involved u say u assited. so they just call any random person to come get them. then why did u get picked. unless you presented yourself as a rescue so they let u help. how did u even know they where excuteing the search. something just doesnt make sense with your story.

LauraB

CLOSED ACCOUNT
May 26, 2005
3,521
574
Atlanta, GA
  • Sep 19, 2011
  • #351

Originally Posted by khuffman
"and as far as the snakes looking healthy one clearly had a respatory infection and only 4 out of the hundred and whatever snakes had any water . Jason admitted on craigs list he could not afford to feed these snakes and theres people who saw him bring dead snakes out that from what ive heard jason said died of starvation."

I thought you were there, I thought you assisted at the request of Animal Control or the PD ... you didn't actually see dead snakes being brought out?

You didn't actually see dead snakes among the hundreds that were removed?

You only know there are people that say there were dead snakes brought out? Even though you were there and assisted?

So out of hundreds, one had possible RI and 4 had no water bowls. During any given time I could be ambushed and you might find a water bowl being cleaned, being filled, removed for cage cleaning/disinfecting, removed for treatment of an animal. That does not mean they are neglected, abused or dehydrated.

Mr. Prunier (above) does bring up good questions. Why exactly were you called to "rescue" Jason's snakes, Kyle?

I have seen the 9-9-11 gator video. I did see in the video you stated the guy that found it the day before (when it "walked up to him on the Arkansas River - love the way you said Ar-kan-sas, btw) had called the "Federal County Animal Control" and they said they would euthanize it, so they gave the guy your number.

And local zoos you called were not interested. Some alligator habitat you claimed you called had shut down. So you retained possession of the gator.
What exactly is the "Federal County Animal Control"?

Why & how exactly would some random guy, that the gator "walked up to", get your number from the "Federal County Animal Control"? I'm impressed.

I also did see the comment on the station's page by the couple who said they owned the gator & had photo ID. Where's the gator now?

reptilebaby

Mar 18, 2005
1,253
ne
  • Sep 19, 2011
  • #352

This whole thing stinks. IMO this guy's just another troublemaker. NO PROOF yet! Doubt if there is any.

K

khuffman

K huffman
Sep 15, 2011
Eldorado, Ks
  • Sep 19, 2011
  • #353

sedwick county animal control gives my number out to people who have reptiles that they cant take care of or that theyve found that they cannot handle rather than euthanize them they gave out my number and the witness who called in the complaint to animal control witnessed the dead animals being removed. Like i said all i did was assist animal control i did everything they asked me to do. I did not set him up. I volunteered to help them when they said they were goin to euthanize the snakes. I thought i was doing a good thing by helping the authorities and i still think i did the right thing. I do think that animal control messed up i have never had any troubles with animal control i dont know the authorities procedure they messed up by not following there procedure all i did was try to help.

wyldwurm

Broom Cruiser

Jan 12, 2008
710
107
Age
Chicopee, Massachusetts, USA
  • Sep 19, 2011
  • #354

khuffman said:

You didn't answer her questions...
I'd also like to know

K

khuffman

K huffman
Sep 15, 2011
Eldorado, Ks
  • Sep 19, 2011
  • #355

The gator is actually back in the hands of the people who posted on that page the guy that came and got him was very excited to have his pet back it was awesome. and ya the guy that called us said the gator just walked up to him and his kids while they were at the river. zoos refused to take him they said they get 2 to 3 calls a month on gators and the great bend zoo used to have a habitat just for gators but they shut it down somethin to do with the constant upkeep of the water filtration or somethin. Im glad they called us to go get the gator he was a awesome animal and his owner was awesome the gator reckognized the owner as soon as he walked in. It was impressive he showed photos of the housing for the gator 'aussie' is what the owner named the gator. Aussie was doing tricks and all sorts of amazing characteristics that ive never seen in a reptile i was impressed.

K

khuffman

K huffman
Sep 15, 2011
Eldorado, Ks
  • Sep 19, 2011
  • #356

OH and i called sedwick county months ago askin if they have any reptiles or unusual pets that they do not want to give my number to the person calling and i will feed house and find homes for these animals.

K

khuffman

K huffman
Sep 15, 2011
Eldorado, Ks
  • Sep 19, 2011
  • #357

As far as the jason thing goes i believe only thing i did wrong was trust the authorities. I have told animal control if someone calls in and they need a home for a reptile then i will help but i will not be a part of any sieze or animal sting operation again.

K

khuffman

K huffman
Sep 15, 2011
Eldorado, Ks
  • Sep 19, 2011
  • #358

And jason im sorry they screwed you like this it should have never happened like that they should have followed procedure. Thats all i have to say bout this subject good luck to all of ya.

Apr 25, 2011
373
Putnam CT
  • Sep 19, 2011
  • #359

im sorry but unless u are telling them ur a rescue they would not turn animals over to u or assist.animal control just does not hand over animals to anybody nor do they euthanize immediatly.There is a wait time for animals to be claimed.I can almost guarantee police are waiting for one or 2 statments then they will be a knockin at ur door. should be interesting

JudyC

Feb 9, 2007
867
284
Age
San Antonio, TX
  • Sep 19, 2011
  • #360

Maybe I'm misunderstanding who exactly did what....but a quick call to the Sedgwick County Animal Control office got some questions answered easily enough.

1. They don't euthanize any animals, much less immediately upon seizure. Animals get sent to the proper holding authorities until owners can claim them or court cases can be resolved.

2. They do not turn any animals over to private citizens.

3. And there is no Kyle Huffman listed on their resource page as a contact for people to turn to for help with reptiles in need of care.

Bad Guy - Robert Ringhoff of PA, (12)

Reading through this thread is just asking for a headache. Each involved party sounds at least mildly shady...some more than others. No one gives proof of anything...just long rambling disjointed stories that blame everyone else for everything that's gone wrong.

You must log in or register to reply here.

Bad Guy - Robert Ringhoff of PA, (2024)
Top Articles